Wednesday, June 07, 2006

mister

i keep getting junk mail addressed to "mr. morgan watts." this does not compel me to open it.

to be fair, though, today i do sound like a man. a man who is hoarse. went to the doctor, who (reassuringly) told me that she wasn't sure what i had, and then prescribed antibiotics. the most interesting sighting today was the crinkled up old nun in a wheelchair, waiting at the doctor's office. her habit kind of looked like a cream colored sweat shirt. and speaking of nuns, here is another vignette from my european vacation. let me set the stage.

julie and i are walking down the street on a sunny afternoon in camden, and a woman is walking towards us, pushing a baby stroller.

julie: morgan, look, its a nun!
me: that isn't a nun. that is a muslim woman.
julie: ...

god love her.

No comments: