Monday, July 30, 2007

and we're off!

first order of business today, get emissions test and then get tags renewed. because they expire tomorrow. went to the testing station. failed the emissions test. because my check engine light is on. and i have to have proof that the repairs have been completed before they will pass me. naturally, this sent me into a tailspin that ends in hysterical sobbing (AFTER i leave the emissions place) -- clearly, a very reasonable and appropriate response to such a situation. right.

so i decide to change my next order of business, and instead of completing another task on my to-do list, i call the vanderbilt counseling center in complete desperation. because it is becoming increasingly clear to me and everyone else in my life that i am growing less and less able to cope with every day tasks. the lady who answered the phone was completely baffled, clearly, though i'm not sure what she was having a hard time with. that i am a full-time student? that i was a full-time student for the past 2 semesters, and will continue to be a full-time student in the fall? that i want to schedule an appointment? it confused her enough that she needed to take down my number so she can call me back. with any luck, SHE will be my therapist.

i have a session with a client in 50 minutes. i am lying in my bed with the curtains drawn, unshowered and not wearing work attire. let's all take bets on whether or not i can pull my shit together.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Well I'm guessing that you pulled it all together... And you better have survived the day, cause I'm pretty sure I got ripped off at Teavana this afternoon trying to buy the perfect tea for my oh-so-sophisticated Tea Bunny. They convinced me into buying $65 worth of goods to make our evening tomorrow suitable for an experienced tea-ess. I'm gonna be a little bummed if it goes to waste. ;) I love you. Hang in there, pretty.

Anonymous said...

hi lady. i've been thinking about you even though you've probably forgotten about me by now. so i just wanted to tell you that.