Friday, May 05, 2006

why portland brew is my coffee shop of choice

today i am working from portland brew on 12th, because my house is a train wreck and everywhere i look there is shit piled to the ceiling (the packing has begun). i'm in one of the little cubbies which i love so much, but it is FREEZING back here. so i went up to the counter a few minutes ago to get another cup of hot water (because you can brew green tea more than once, and my first cup of green tea is frozen solid from the icy blast of air coming from above) and i mentioned how it is snowing back here, but curiously, warm in the front (apparently due to the ovens). just now, one of the guys brought a SPACE HEATER to my cubby and plugged it in for me. i could have cried with happiness.

things like that don't happen at starbucks.

No comments: