Tuesday, July 04, 2006

new family member

so last thursday i lost my job.

on friday, right before i started to iron my own face to distract myself from my financial woes, i discovered that the inside of the refrigirator was about as cold as the inside of my car. god knows that what i really wanted to do immediately after losing my job was to buy a new major appliance. because we have soooo much extra money sitting around in the bank right now, and i don't have my first mortgage payment due or anything. off to lowe's we go -- luckily just last week i gave them the rights to my firstborn child in exchange for discounted home improvement wares.

our new refrigirator, she is big. and pretty. and our new refrigirator, she was expensive. in the neighborhood of, oh, the pay i take home in a month. well, the pay i used to take home in a month, back when i was gainfully employed. but by god, she is cold! there is a little digital read out on the front that tells me what the actual temperature is in the refrigirator AND the freezer. so yesterday i sat in front of her after the lowe's men installed her, and watched the temperature drop. thankfully, all the food in my freezer had to be thrown away. what better time to throw away food?! thats what i said. and i may not have any food to eat, but i'll be damned if i don't have cold, filtered water and crushed ice right at my fingertips! huzzah!

1 comment:

nuttytartlet said...

just read your page as began one myself today and wanted to get the idea of what other people are doing. Thought I would just say hi.